“EVERYONE HAS A DIVA DANCING INSIDE AND WE AT BOTTOMS UP! WILL BRING HER OUT TO PLAY!”
Established in 2008 Bottoms Up! Burlesque & Pole School is the initiative of Miss Willow J & Sparkarella, co-founders & performers of Australia’s “most cutting edge burlesque troupe” Voodoo Trash Dolls (2003 – 2009).
Bottoms Up! is a vibrant and creative studio space celebrating the art of Burlesque, Pole Dancing and a delectable range of other styles of dance & movement. We have created a unique program of classes for women of all ages & walks of life to come and enjoy.
All instructors at Bottoms Up! are established and professionally trained performers/actors/dancers who understand the importance of teaching and training students with strong skill base while still emphasising a great sense of playfulness and fun!
Our courses & casual classes are offered to students of all levels, abilities, backgrounds and ages. The program includes Fan Dance, Classic Burlesque Tease, Burlesque levels ranging from beginners to advanced choreography, Chair Dancing ranging from intermediate 1 level through to advanced choreography, Booty Dancing, Hula Hoop Tease, Adult Ballet, Stretch, Solo Development (professional performance level) and all levels of Pole Dancing ranging from beginners through to professional performance level.
We also offer Workshops, hens, birthdays & private parties, private lessons and performers for both small and large events.
At Bottoms Up! we provide opportunities for students to participate in mini shows throughout the year, and a large scale end of year performance production. Although not essential, we strongly encourage participation as it a great experience and perfect opportunity for students to share and show their friends & family just what they’re made of! For students not wanting to grace the stage there are many other ways to be involved including costume making, front of house, stage managing and set design.
Dance is a holistic form of self-expression that builds confidence, vitality and a sense of self-awareness. Everyone has a diva dancing inside and we at Bottoms Up! will bring her out to play!
Willow J & Jacquie
Where you’ve seen Bottoms Up!:
- Faerie Tales – An end of year extravaganza – Performances by teachers and students @The Thornbury Theatre – Dec 2014
- Tied Together Still – THE LIVING MUSEUM OF EROTIC WOMEN – Performances by professional artists and students @ Donkey Wheel House – 5 night season July/August 2014
- Animalia! – An end of year student extravaganza – Performances by teachers and student @ The Thornbury Theatre – Dec 2013
- UNDERWORLD – An end of year student extravaganza – Performances by teachers and students @Thornbury Theatre – Dec 2012
- Pink Ribbon Fundraiser – The annual black tie event – Performances by the ‘Bottoms Up! Troupe’ @ San Remo Ballroom – 2012
- Scandalous – A Teacher, student and special guest show @ The 86 – 2012
- The Gangsters’ Ball – Performances by the ‘Bottoms Up! Troupe’ @ The Forum Theatre – 2012
- KAPOW! – A student teacher show @ Thornbury Theatre – 2011 See Photo’s
- Australian Burlesque Festival – Baby Bombshells competition featured Bottoms Up! Bombshells advanced chair choreography group (1st Runners Up) @ Blue Diamond
- Miss Burlesque Australia Victorian heats included students Freckles Blue, Pixie Elixir and teacher Ruby Sunday @ The Thornbury Theatre – 2011
- Mini Monsterotica Student and Teacher showcase @ Red Bennies – 2011
- New Studio Open Day – student and teacher showcases – 2010
- Monsterotica – A Student Show @ The Thornbury Theatre – 2010
- La nuit de l’opera au cirque Ovcare @ The Crown Casino – 2010
- Carnivale – A Student Show @ The Thornbury Theatre – 2009
- Grand Opening – Established 2008